Zooey Wharton has extensive experience in the courtroom as a trial lawyer, as well as settling high-conflict cases by mediation. Zooey also has many years briefing complex legal issues for trial and appellate courts, including the Supreme Court of the State of Texas. She is a graduate of South Texas College of Law (1998) and the University of Texas at Austin (1994). Zooey practiced law for go-to and prestigious firms in Houston and Columbus, Ohio for over a decade. In 2012, Zooey decided to return to the hometown of her beloved Longhorn alma mater and practices law in Austin and Central Texas.
Zooey is a seasoned litigator when it comes to handling family law matters. These areas include premarital agreements, collaborative negotiations, complex property matters, mediations/arbitrations, emergency hearings, jury trials, and appellate briefing and oral argument. Zooey has been cited in national legal publications before Texas appellate courts and the Supreme Court of Texas.
Zooey grew up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and has a blended family of four children that keep her laughing and on her toes. She enjoys spending her free time with her friends and family, watching her sons play rugby, and a good game of cards.
- Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- Texas, 1998
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 1998: Doctor of Jurisprudence
Honors: 1998 ATLA National Student Trial Advocacy Competition; 1997 Georgetown National White Collar Crime Tournament; and 1996 Texas Invitational Mock Trial Competition
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas, 1994: Bachelor of Arts
Honors: Recipient of Textron, Inc. Merit Scholarship 1990-1994
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section Member
- Briefing Attorney for Appellee, In Re Jack Benjamin Strong,
No. 03-18-00348-CV, (Tex. App. – Austin August 29, 2018)
- Briefing Attorney for Appellee, Shawn Hall Lecuona v. Mark R. Lecuona,
No. 03-17-00138-CV, (Tex. App. – Austin June 15, 2018)
- Briefing Attorney for Appellee, In the Interest of E.R.C., a Child,
No. 06-15-00085-CV, (Tex. App. – Texarkana June 14, 2016)
- Briefing Attorney for Appellee, Edward Kiest Norton, III, v. Mary Michelle Cheney, No. 03–14–00087–CV, 2015 WL 4908421 (Tex. App. – Austin Aug. 14, 2015)
- Briefing Attorney for Appellant, In the Interest of R.H.M., a Child,
No. 03–14–00603–CV, 2014 WL 4966543 (Tex. App. – Austin Oct. 3, 2014)
- Briefing Attorney for Appellee, Zamiatowski v. Zamiatowski,
No. 14–12–00478–CV, 2013 WL 1803604 (Tex. App. – Houston [14th Dist.] April 30, 2013)
- Briefing Attorney for Appellee, Marcus v. Smith, 313 S.W.3d 408 (Tex. App. – Houston [1st Dist] 2009, no pet.)