Can I Get My Ex to Pay My Attorney’s Fees?

It depends. You must petition the court for your spouse to pay your attorney’s fees. Judges make these decisions on a case-by-case basis.

For example, if you make considerably more money than your spouse, the judge won’t be likely to order them to pay. However, if you don’t have a job and own little to no assets, the judge might rule in your favor.