Should I consult with an attorney if I am only under investigation for a crime?

Even if you have not been charged with a crime, you should seek the advice of an attorney. If you have been informed that you are under investigation for a crime, you have a right to remain silent and to have an attorney present during all questioning. The questions asked during an investigation can be used against you later.

If you need a criminal lawyer for any reason, contact the Austin, Texas firm of Minton, Bassett, Flores & Carsey, P.C. Let our Board Certified Criminal Law Specialists put decades of experience to work for you. Contact us for a confidential consultation through our online form or by phone at (512) 476-4873. We represent clients charged with federal crimes in Austin, TX and the surrounding communities, including: Hays County (Buda, Dripping Springs, Kyle, San Marcos, Wimberley); Travis County (Creedmoor, Elroy, Manor, Pflugerville); Williamson County (Cedar Park, Georgetown, Liberty Hill, Florence, Leander, Round Rock, Taylor); Bastrop County (Bastrop, Clearview, Elgin, Rockne, Smithville); Comal County (Bulverde, Canyon Lake, Gruene, New Braunfels, Sattler, Startzville); Burnet County (Bertram, Burnet, Marble Falls); and Caldwell County (Lockhart, Luling).