Austin Family Law Attorneys
Going through a separation or divorce can be a stressful experience for a couple or family. A family lawyer can be there to guide you through this trying time by using a combination of skill, compassion and practicality. The lawyer must aggressively protect your rights and interests and, at the same time, remain sensitive to the needs and concerns of the adults and children involved. Above all, the lawyer must act efficiently in order to minimize your financial burden.
For nearly 50 years, the Austin family law attorneys at Minton, Burton, Bassett & Collins, P.C. have helped clients from throughout Texas with a full range of family law issues, including clients from Travis, Williamson, Hays, Bastrop, Caldwell, Burnet and Comal counties. We can help you as well.
Austin Family Law Attorneys
The experienced and dedicated family law attorneys at MBBC have a history of providing creative and effective solutions for our clients in a variety of areas, including:
- Separation and Divorce: A separation occurs when a couple lives apart while still being married. Divorce is the legal dissolution of the marriage. We can assist clients with resolving matters that accompany the separation or divorce, such as spousal support, property division and child custody and support.
- Spousal Support: Also called alimony or maintenance, spousal support is an allowance paid by a husband or wife to the other spouse during a separation or after a divorce. We can assist with calculating the proper amount of those payments as well as determining whether payments should be temporary or permanent and whether they should be paid periodically or in a lump sum.
- Property Division: When a marriage dissolves, the assets and debts the couple has acquired during the marriage must be valued and divided in a manner that is fair and considerate of both parties’ needs. We have experience with dividing simple marital estates as well as the more difficult ones involving business assets, stocks, pensions and other complex financial issues.
- Child Custody: When a marriage terminates, the most emotionally charged issues can be who receives legal and/or physical custody of the children and how to arrive at a suitable visitation arrangement. We bring to clients both our knowledge of the state’s standards as well as our sensitivity to the concerns of both the adults and children.
- Child Support: The father and mother are both responsible for providing for their children’s financial, medical and educational needs. Our role is to help clients find an arrangement that is fair and reasonable.
Contact Us Today
The Austin family law attorneys at Minton, Burton, Bassett & Collins, P.C. are skilled negotiators and trial lawyers who are dedicated to protecting their clients’ rights and interests at the mediation table or in the courtroom. If you need legal assistance with separation, divorce, spousal support, property division, child custody or child support, contact us today by calling (512) 476-4873 or by reaching us through email or our convenient online form.
We represent clients in Austin, TX and the surrounding communities, including: Travis County (Creedmoor, Elroy, Manor, Pflugerville); Williamson County (Cedar Park, Georgetown, Liberty Hill, Florence, Leander, Round Rock, Taylor); Hays County (Buda, Dripping Springs, Kyle, San Marcos, Wimberley); Bastrop County (Bastrop, Clearview, Elgin, Rockne, Smithville); Caldwell County (Lockhart, Luling); Burnet County (Bertram, Burnet, Marble Falls); and Comal County (Bulverde, Canyon Lake, Gruene, New Braunfels, Sattler, Startzville).